5685 West Cilma Drive
West Valley City, UT 84128
Drop-off & Pick-up Procedures
At Ascent Academies, we consider student safety a priority as students are transported to and from the school, and we will work to continually evaluate and revise procedures as needed. AAU will evaluate the school grounds and surrounding neighborhoods to create pick up and drop off protocols as well as assess safe walking and biking routes.
Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
To ensure the safety of all students, families, and staff, please follow the below protocols.
• Enter the school grounds from 5600 W or the Mountain View Corridor access road onto Cilma Dr.
• Travel on Cilma Dr to the northwest corner of the school and turn into the parking lot using the Northwest entrance ONLY.
• Follow traffic directions, turning left along the south side of the parking lot to pull alongside the school curb as far foward as possible toward the main entrance staying in the right (south) lane.
• Unload or load students from the RIGHT side of the vehicle only. Check for seat belt security.
• Check traffic and enter the left passing lane pulling forward to the northeast exit.
• Turn right or left onto Cilma Drive to exit the parking lot from the Northeast exit ONLY.
- Follow the directions of the parking lot attendants.
- Please be patient and courteous toward all staff, students, and other drivers.
- Be on the lookout for students using the sidewalks and crosswalk in the parking lot and on the surrounding streets.
- Stay in your vehicle at all times. If you need to get out of your vehicle please park in a stall in the center of the parking lot and use designated crosswalk. Preference will be given to cars utilizing the carpool land and pedestrians will be crossed during a natural break in the flow of traffic ONLY.
- The front sidewalk is for students waiting to loan ONLY duering carpool. No adults should be waiting along the front sidewalk during this time.
- Refrain from mobile phone usage while driving on school grounds.
- No parking will be allowed in the spots along the north and west sides of the parking lot during drop off and pick up.
- Students will exit and enter from the right side of the vehicle only and at the curb only.
- Note: By law, all vehicle occupants must be secured in a seat belt and children under eight (8) years old must be in a car seat or booster before vehicle is in motion.
- NO students should be crossing through the parking lot to access Cilma Drive. Students must be accompanied by a parent if crossing the carpool lanes using the crosswalk.
- All adults and children MUST use crosswalk areas only when crossing any area of the parking lot.
- Students who walk or go to Daycare are dismissed 5 minutes early.
- Students being picked up will have an assigned number and will meet their student at a designated cone.
- When waiting in the car for your students, please turn off the engine.
- The first week of drop off and pick up traditionally takes longer. Be patient as we refine the process and as families become accustomed.