GENERAL All clothing must be free from holes, tears and other visible disrepair.
Tops must be a collared, polo-style shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve) and must adhere to the following requirements.
- Color. Navy blue, white or bright (not neon) green.
- Examples of appropriate green from various retailers include those listed below (note: shirts are not required to be purchased from these retailers):
- Walmart – Elf Green
- Old Navy – Greeneration
- JC Penney – Kelly Green
- Target – Kelly Green
- Logos. Shirts must be logo-free or bear the Ascent Academies of Utah logo.
- Long-sleeved white t-shirts may be worn under short-sleeved polo shirts.
Bottoms include pants, shorts, skirts or jumpers and must adhere to the following requirements:
- Color. Navy or khaki
- Style. Docker-style or school uniform style only
- Skirts, shorts and jumpers must be no shorter than 3” above the knee.
- White or navy tights or footless leggings may be worn under skirts, shorts or jumpers; however, the length requirement noted above still applies.
- Bottoms must be worn high enough on waist that the shirt can remain tucked in.
Socks must be free from holes, tears and/or any inappropriate or vulgar messaging but can be any color, style, print or pattern.
Shoes must meet the following requirements.
- Closed toe (flip flops, sandals, etc. are not allowed)
- No wheels
- Heels must be less than 1” in height
Hats may not be worn unless an exception is provided for in an IEP, 504 Plan, or as a medical need.
Students may wear a sweater during school. The sweater must meet the following specifications.
- Solid color - navy, white or spring green
- No logos, external labels, or other insignias
- No hoods
- A polo shirt must be worn under the sweater with the collar showing
For most field trips, the general dress code specifications above will apply. At the discretion of the Campus Director, exceptions may be made for specific types of field trips such as a visit to a swimming pool or a ski resort.