If your student is EXPOSED:
- Wear a well-fitting mask whenever around other people—including at home, during extracurricular activities, and outdoors for 10 days.
Monitor for these symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If your student develops symptoms:
- Get tested for COVID: contact your healthcare provider or find a COVID-19 testing site near you by visiting coronavirus.utah.gov. Remain isolated while waiting for your test results.
- Do not attend school or leave home for ANY reason, except to seek testing or medical care, for at least 5 days after symptoms began. Do not go to work or any public place, including stores, malls, theatres, restaurants, or any other retail establishment. Do not visit family or friends at their homes or have any visitors to your home.
If, after 5 days, symptoms are improving and there has been no fever for at least 24 hours, you may end isolation if you wear a mask for an additional 5 days whenever you are around other people—including at home, during extracurricular activities, and outdoors.
If you receive a call, text, or survey request from SLCoHD, please respond; gathering accurate information about the circumstances is essential to protecting our community from serious illness.